Monday, December 8, 2014

FOA Reflection


My further oral activity aimed to answer the question “what do advertisements reveal about our society?” and I based it on advertisements that objectified women and argued that society belittles and degrades women throughout the media and in general. I feel like the content of the advertisements I found was very appropriate to the topic at hand, although I did have difficulties presenting in front of the class and I unfortunately did not do as well as I did when I was on my own. Although I think I was successful at meeting the certain requirements for the advertisements that I was presenting. Looking at the criteria my biggest weakness was not organizing my time well throughout the actual presentation; I did not meet the timing requirements. Based on the criteria a few strengths I had were that the ads I chose contained a lot of language, language takes up a big part of the marking scheme so I am satisfied with the information I presented about the language. Throughout this activity I learned that ads play a big role in the objectification of women in society. In terms of the presentations, I also developed better skills to help me present in future FOA’s and IOC’s, such as the use of claims and ethos pathos and logos, that I had forgotten in my presentation. I’ve also learned how to better organize my time to meet the certain requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment